Closed Suction System
The only system with an integrated cleaning mechanism on the catheter
Airway Medix closed suction system keeps the endotracheal tube clear from biofilm and secretion buildup without "breaking" the ventilator circuit. A unique cleaning mechanism is comprised of simultaneous operation of fluid jets, suction and balloon wiping, maintaining a clear and clean airway during the entire period of mechanical ventilation.
Adult models available in 10, 12, 14, 16 French
- Clinical Challenge
During mechanical ventilation, secretions accumulate in the artificial airway occluding the tube and resulting in an increased respiratory work load. In addition, the formation of microbial biofilm inside the tube likely acts as a
reservoir of pathogens causing recurrent infections.
In order to maintain the patent state of the tube, frequent cleaning is necessary and this is currently accomplished using traditional closed suction systems. These systems employ a passive catheter that cannot efficiently clear biofilm sticking to the tube walls or remove thick secretions.
- Clinical Benefits
- Maintains full patency of the endotracheal tube
- Supports ventilation efficiency and maintains hemodynamic stability
- Minimizes the patient's work of breathing
- Diminishes the number of required suction episodes
- Decreases the need for tracheostomies and re-intubations
- Designed to clear bacterial buildup, reducing VAP pathogenesis
The Airway Medix Advantage
- Integrated cleaning mechanism – simultaneous employment of suction, fluid jets and wiping.
- Can be connected to any standard endotracheal tube
- Does not break the ventilator circuit
- Can be used for 24 hrs
- Available in 4 sizes: 10, 12, 14, 16 French
- Sterile, disposable
- How it works
How it works
During the suction procedure the catheter is fed into the ETT. Once the tip of the catheter reaches the end of the ETT, the balloon is inflated, fluid jets and suction are engaged and the catheter is withdrawn. As the catheter is withdrawn the balloon wipes away the biofilm and secretions from the inner wall of the endotracheal tube maintaining a clear airway.
* For a detailed procedure description, refer to the Instructions for Use
- Product Information
|Airway Medix Closed Suction System
|10 French Catheter
|12 French Catheter
|14 French Catheter
|16 French Catheter